At Community West Bank, we put deposits to work locally, making loans
to businesses, families and non-profit organizations. We are the
largest publicly traded and only community bank headquartered and
serving California’s Central and South Coast area of Ventura, Santa
Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, with full-service branches in
Goleta, Oxnard, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Santa
Maria, and Ventura. We were named one of the Central Coast Best Places
to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and we love working here
and think you may too!
Community West Bank team members support and foster the values
character, quality, people, community, and achievement. We live and
breathe these attributes with all we do. As an integral member of the
Relationship Banking team for Community West Bank, this position will
provide extraordinary customer service to our internal team members
and external customers, exemplifying the Bank’s values and our
dedication to quality and service. This position will have direct
responsibility as a Relationship Banking team member to assist in the
accomplishment of the Department Business Plan goals and objectives.
This position will elevate the team as a member of the Bank’s
high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality,
productivity, ethical standards, goal attainment and the ongoing
development of CWB’s vision to become the bank of choice, providing an
unparalleled experience for our clients, employees, and community
The Client Service Officeris responsible for assisting branch
management with the Customer Service Representatives’ daily
responsibilities. This position fulfills the Customer Service Managers
duties in his/her absence, mitigating operational risk and
controllable losses to the Bank. Assists with operational duties in
the branch as well as provides relief for the various key positions
within the branch, including but not limited to opening new accounts,
assisting on the teller line as well as Treasury Management Products.
Follows established processes and operational policies in resolving
issues; analysis is more detailed and often interpretive. Exercises
latitude and discretion. Contact with support departments at various
levels of management concerning branch operations. The work of the CSO
is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives and
over time should require minimal to no review. The CSO handles the
most complex client issues and compliance duties. The CSO may also
directly supervise staff and has a higher approval and authority
levels. This position performs all essential duties in compliance with
regulatory requirements as well as Bank policies and procedures.
- Assists with the opening and closing of the branch.
- Assists with the daily functions of the branch as it relates to
the operational area, i.e. Tellers, New Accounts, customer service,
ATM, night depository and courier bags, as needed.
- Expected to consistently represent the Bank to clients in a
courteous and professional manner, and to provide prompt, effective
and accurate service.
- Ensures all transactions for existing and new clients, including
deposit transactions and opening new accounts, are processed
accurately and courteously.
- Perform all daily teller and New Accounts desk activities as needed
- Performs all daily teller activities as needed as well as acting
as a primary or back up to the New Accounts desk.
- Opens new consumer and/or business accounts. The CSO level opens
the most complex new accounts accurately and in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve customer service inquiry calls and requests.
- Complies with security controls and procedures, follows and
enforces all bank policies and procedures, and complies with all
bank regulations and compliance programs
- Assists with the completion of operational daily reports and call
back and certifications.
- Approves large items, GL entries, monetary instruments, incoming
and outgoing wire transactions and teller transactions within
- Assists with the daily balancing of the branch. CSO position
oversees daily balancing of the branch.
- Accepts & verifies incoming & outgoing cash shipments,
acts as joint custodian for vault cash.
- Oversees monthly cash counts in coordination with the Customer
Service Manager or Community Banking Manager.
- Assists and supports Branch/Bank depository and loan objectives by
coaching and encouraging employees to attain assigned goals.
- Assists branch management with employee coaching, counseling and
- Assists branch management to ensure that optimal customer service,
minimal errors, and compliance to bank policies and procedures.
- Assists with monthly and annual certifications
- Fulfills CSM duties in their absence including acting as officer
onsite for each office
- Client Service Officer position may have direct reports including
but not limited to CSR/Teller staff
- Leads and handles all complex branch service and operational
issues with minimal oversight
- Provide training to Customer Service Representatives
- Meets response and resolution times as defined in service level
agreements and/or service requests, and follows established
processes to meet service level commitments
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by supervisor
- Completes all required compliance training including BSA, Bank
Security and any other assigned training courses within required
timeframes on an annual basis.
- May act as a notary
Community West Bank is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.